Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rangers v. Devils 11/5/10

My school schedule is making it difficult to do my recaps in a timely fashion...good thing this isn't a serious blog lol

My Personal Highlights:

1. Dan Girardi....I don't even know where to start.  There's a reason he's 1st in the league in blocked shots, he knows where to be at the right times, but that's not what impressed me most.  Wherever the Russian was, Girardi was never more than inches away. He got under Kovalchuk's skin so well that he made him take a bad penalty and get so frustrated that he did not play his best game.

2. Dubi being tied for #1 in the league in goals, which unfortunately was beat last night by Steve Stamkos, but if Dubes can pull off another performance on par with how he's been lately, then he can stay up near the top of the list.

3. I said it in my last game review, but Brandon Prust is just impressing me this season.  He's definitely having a career year regardless of how many points he has.

4. I will repeat that I'm falling in love with Brian Boyle.  He's goal came a good time to build up some momentum when too much time was being spent in our own zone.  While most of the work was done by Danny, Boyle knew where to be to deflect it in.

5. Again, the refs were not really paying attention.  It shocked me when Aves was able to draw a hooking penalty in NJ, but he took Adam Mair's high stick to the face and there was blood...but nothing was called.   I wasn't as annoyed though when Tallinder's OBVIOUS delay of game wasn't called just because I don't really understand that penalty.

6. Of course....SHUTTING OUT THE DEVILS

I'm sure there were more, but I can't really remember what they were now lol

My Favorite Things I Tweeted:
  •  "Henrik Lundqvist against other teams, sometimes looks human, but against the Devils, looks super human" - Ken Daneyko 
  • okay goal of the game...do not make Cally flip out in the press box
  • AVES KEEP YOUR SKATES ON THE ICE, YOU'RE IN JERSEY WHERE THERE'S A PENALTY CALLED "BEING SEAN AVERY"
  • now Chico and Doc are complimenting Aves' play...what kind of alternate universe is this?
  • That's #9 - now Dubi's tied for 2nd in the league. Dubi Dubi Dooooooooooo
  • really Sully? Dubi's a horse?
  • I'm still in shock that Aves DREW a penalty and we're starting the 2nd on the PP
  • this almost looks like the DStep that played in Buffalo
  • ok now this is pressure boys...we should have a 5 on 3, but it's ok -- keep pressuring
  • MY NEW LOVE SCORED AND I LOVE HIM MORE NOW
  • SHORT HANDED GOAL BRANDON FUCKING DUBINSKY TIED WITH STAMKOS AND SHARP FOR #1
  • I kinda like Steps with Trusty Prusty
  • SHUT OUT FOR HENRIK FUCKING LUNDQVIST         

No comments:

Post a Comment